The “Global Warehouse Automation Market Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2028” report by RationalStat assesses the regional market based on component, level, project size, channel, end use, and region. A detailed market analysis report provides an overall historical and future market size in terms of market value (US$ Million) and market volume (‘000 units) with a comprehensive market trend analysis (year-on-year growth).
Furthermore, the market share analysis, sales data by companies, spending on warehouse automation and robotics by key sectors, growth of the warehouse automation, an overview of the competition, strategic imperatives, plans and strategies, key application, potential growth driver, recent R&D of warehouse automation across the globe, and competition analysis for the target players evaluated in the global warehouse automation market study.
Market Overview and Dynamics
The global warehouse automation market is expected to grow at a robust growth rate of around 15% during the forecast period 2022-2028. The rapid shift towards shifting retail behavior and consumer expectations is driving the demand for automation within warehouses.
In addition, the global players are focusing on developing drones for automation to reduce one of the many labor-intensive processes of checking stock around the warehouse.
- Key players across the globe are looking to deploy drones in their stores, where the drone would retrieve a product from a non-public stock room and fly it over to a delivery area where staff could retrieve the item, assisting store assistants and removing the burden of searching for and carrying a product across the store.
Despite significant investment from retailers and parcel delivery services, usage of automation solutions within warehouse settings remains low. Today, about 60% of existing warehouses currently use no to low levels of automation, and an incremental 30%-35% of warehouses use basic mechanical solutions (e.g., conveyors, manual labor).
Market Drivers and Trends of the Global Warehouse Automation Market
The COVID-19 era had a positive impact on the industry and the warehouse automation market was viewed as highly attractive and positioned for sustained growth driven by continued e-commerce penetration. Despite macroeconomic headwinds, these trends have largely accelerated and are now complemented by COVID-19-specific dynamics such as step changes in demand for online grocery fulfillment and increasing social distancing requirements in warehouses.
While the total warehouse automation market is expected to grow well in excess of gross domestic product for the foreseeable future, understanding the highest growth pockets of the market (and targets within) is critical for both private equity investors and strategic buyers.
North America holds a major share of the global warehouse automation market in 2022 and is expected to maintain its trend over the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the rapid adoption of new technologies and robotic inventions. The North American warehouse automation market is also fueled by the presence of key E-commerce players in recent years.
In the Europe warehouse automation market, traditional bricks and mortar online grocery players have managed to build successful and competitive online grocery businesses. The success of the traditional grocery players can be attributed to early market entry to pre-empt online growth and the right choice of entry strategy.
Segmental Analysis: Global Warehouse Automation Market
- On the basis of component, the hardware segment holds a major market share as the installation of hardware components reduces labor-intensive operations and increase the speed of day-to-day operations.
- Based on the end use, the e-commerce sector owns a significant share of the market, as the sector is one of the major end user for the warehouse automation market and the rapidly increasing e-commerce is expected to drive the growth of the market.
Competition Analysis and Market Structure
The global warehouse automation market is fragmented in nature with presence of various players operating in the region. Leading companies operating in the warehouse automation market are focusing on introducing new & better technologies and are focusing on aggressively ramping up the supply chain and logistics to cater to different niche markets and applications.
Moreover, these players adopt various strategies to increase their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations are some of the strategies followed by industry players. Some of the key developments in the global warehouse automation market include,
- In September 2019, Shopify Inc. announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire 6 River Systems, Inc., a leading provider of collaborative warehouse fulfillment solutions.
- This acquisition is a critical step to accelerate its growth, while 6 River Systems will also continue to build and sell its solution for warehouses.
- With the acquisition of 6 River Systems, Shopify will add a team with decades of experience in fulfillment software and robotics, including experienced leaders from Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics).
- In March 2019, Fortna®, The Distribution Experts®, a leading global automation, engineering services, and software company, announced that it has entered into a recapitalization agreement with funds affiliated with Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P. (“THL”).
- In January 2019, Duravant LLC, a global engineered equipment and automation solutions provider to the food processing, packaging, and material handling sectors, acquired Wulftec International Inc., a North American market leader in fully and semi-automatic end-of-line stretch-wrapping equipment.
- The partnership bolsters Duravant’s end-of-line portfolio of packaging solutions and extends the company’s integration and automation capabilities.
- In March 2022, Honeywell announced a strategic partnership with OTTO Motors, a division of Clearpath Robotics, giving warehouses and distribution centers throughout North America an automated option to handle some of the most labor-intensive roles in an increasingly scarce job market.
- In December 2021, ARAPL RaaS, a robotic and automation company, raised US$ 0.7 million in funding within two months of its existence as it strengthens its 10-minute delivery in supply management.
- The start-up, a subsidiary of Affordable Robotic & Automation Ltd. (ARAPL), will use the fresh capital to build a completely automated robotic experience zone for warehouse automation.
Some of the key players operating in the global warehouse automation market include Dematic Group (Kion Group AG), Daifuku Co. Limited, Swisslog Holding AG (KUKA AG), Jungheinrich AG, Honeywell Intelligrated (Honeywell International Inc.), Omron Corporation, Siemens AG, Zebra Technologies Corporation, Schneider Electric, Jungheinrich AG, Bastian Solutions LLC, and ABB among others.
RationalStat has segmented the global warehouse automation market on the basis of component, level, project size, channel, end use and region.
- Global Warehouse Automation Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Component
- Autonomous Guided Vehicle (AGV)
- Automated Mobile Robots (AMR)
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS)
- Automated Conveyor & Sorting Systems
- De-palletizing/Palletizing Systems
- Sortation Systems
- Conveyor Systems
- Overhead Systems
- Automatic Identification and Data Collection (AIDC)
- Piece Picking Robots
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Warehouse Execution Systems (WES)
- Warehouse Control System (WCS)
- Value Added Services
- Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations (MRO) Services
- Global Warehouse Automation Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units) and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Level
- Level 0
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Global Warehouse Automation Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units) and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Project Size
- Less than US$ 5 Mn
- US$5 Mn- US$20 Mn
- US$21 Mn – $40 Mn
- More than US$40 Mn
- Global Warehouse Automation Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Channel
- Micro-Fulfilment (Grocery-Specific)
- Global Warehouse Automation Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by End Use
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Distribution Centers
- Post and Parcel
- General Merchandise
- Durable Goods
- Non-Durable Goods
- Food and Beverage
- Global Warehouse Automation Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Region
- North America Warehouse Automation Market
- Latin America Warehouse Automation Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Warehouse Automation Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Warehouse Automation Market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Warehouse Automation Market
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa Warehouse Automation Market
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America Warehouse Automation Market
For more information about this report: https://store.rationalstat.com/store/global-warehouse-automation-market/
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end global market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports, customized strategy, and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the client’s needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, valuations and advisory, financial research, due diligence, procurement and supply chain research, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429