The report titled “5G Infrastructure Market” assesses the global, regional, and local market on the basis of communication infrastructure, core network technology, network infrastructure, operational frequency, end-use, and region. A comprehensive report provides a detailed historical and future market size with trend analysis. The report underlines the market share analysis, production capacities by leading players, competition overview, strategic imperatives, annual sales figures, growth avenues, production overview, and competition assessment for the target players assessed in the 5G infrastructure market study.
Market Overview and Dynamics
The 5G infrastructure market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 50% during the forecast period of 2022-2028. Soaring demand for high-speed data with low latency and increasing use of data-heavy applications are augmented the market growth. Businesses and consumers are demanding higher bandwidth networks for various applications such as entertainment, virtual meetings, cloud-based services, and others, further bolstering the market growth.
Moreover, the growing number of interconnected devices further surges the demand for higher bandwidth to manage the increasing data traffic, thereby facilitating the need for 5G. As per the RationalStat Analysis, the number of active IoT devices will grow from 9.9 billion in 2019 to 21.5 billion in 2025. While non-IoT device connections will also continue to increase, IoT devices will be about two-thirds of those connections by 2025, up from about one-third in 2019.
The global 5G infrastructure market was valued at over US$ 2.6 billion in 2021 and is expected to surpass US$ 65.0 billion by the end of 2028.
Additionally, surging mobile phone subscriptions and internet penetration, and increasing Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connections globally are further influencing the 5G infrastructure demand. RationalStat estimates the global M2M connections to grow more than 60%, from nearly 9.0 billion connections in 2020 to around 14.5 billion connections in 2023. The growing number of M2M connections reflects the need for enhanced bandwidth for better efficiency and productivity, thus, driving the market growth.
- Based on the core network technology, network function virtualization (NFV) dominates the global market as it creates and manages virtual network functions and scales the network. The technology is also used in the 5G wireless networks as it provides cost-efficient and energy-saving solutions.
- On the basis of the operational frequency, less than 6 GHz held a dominating market share in 2021, owing to the increased investment by the leading players in acquiring low and mid-band frequencies.
- Based on the region, Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global 5G infrastructure market due to the aggressive roll-out of 5G network plans by public and private players coupled with the rising number of 5G network solutions manufacturers and component providers in the region.
Competition Analysis: Nokia, Ericsson, and Huawei hold a prominent market share
The global 5G infrastructure market consists of a significant number of industry players and observes healthy competition between them. Leading players such as Qualcomm Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Nokia Corp., Vodafone Group PLC, Intel Corp., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., IBM Corp., Siemens AG, Cisco Systems Inc., NEC Corp., and Fujitsu Ltd. hold a dominant position in the 5G infrastructure ecosystem globally. These industry players are making significant investments to gain a competitive edge over other players and as well as increase market share in the market space. Key developments observed in recent years include,
- In January 2022, Telesat joined hands with ENCQOR 5G to conduct demonstrations, trials, and pilots to advance 5G connectivity. The partnership, however, is particularly for industries operating in rural areas in Canada.
- In January 2022, T-Mobile US Inc. and Crown Castle International Corp. announced a 12-year agreement to support a nationwide 5G of T-Mobile network with increased access to Crown Castle’s towers and small cell locations.
RationalStat has segmented the global 5G infrastructure market on the basis of communication infrastructure, core network technology, network infrastructure, operational frequency, end-use, and region.
- By Communication Infrastructure
- Small Cell
- Micro Cell
- Pico Cell
- Macro Cell
- Radio Access Network (RAN)
- Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- Small Cell
- By Core Network Technology
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- By Network Infrastructure
- 5G Standalone
- 5G Non-Standalone
- By Operational Frequency
- Less than 6GHz
- More than 6GHz
- By End-Use
- IT & Telecom
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy & Utilities
- Others (Media & Entertainment, Transportation, Logistics, etc.)
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Eastern Europe
For more information about this report visit https://store.rationalstat.com/store/global-5g-infrastructure-market/
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end US-based market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports along with customized strategy and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the clients’ needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, procurement intelligence, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429