The India mining market is estimated at US$ 26 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR of over 8.5% over the forecast period of 2019-2028.
Market Scope and Report Overview
According to a deep-dive market assessment by RationalStat, the India mining market has been analyzed based on market segments, including mineral type, minerals/ore, imported minerals, mining type, support services, and geography/regions (incl. North India, West & Central India, South India, East India). The report also offers global and regional market sizing for the historical period of 2019-2022 and the forecast period of 2019-2028.
Market intelligence for the India mining market covers market sizes on the basis of market value (US$/EUR Million) and volume (‘000 units/tons/liters) by various products/services/equipment, demand assessment across the key regions, customer sentiments, price points, cost structures, margin analysis across the value chain, financial assessments, historical and forecast data, key developments across the industry, import-export data, trade overview, components market by leading companies, etc.
In addition, the long-term sector and products/services 10-year outlook and its implications on the sector. It also includes the industry's current state – Production Levels, Capacity Utilization, Tech quotient, etc. Key information will be manufacturing capacity by country, installed base, import volumes, market size, key players, market size, dynamics, market data, and insights, etc.
Period Covered include data for 2019-2028 along with year-wise demand estimations
The mining market report analyzes the market on the basis of economic situations, regional geopolitics, import-export scenarios, trade duties, market developments, organic and inorganic strategies, mergers and acquisitions, product launches, government policies, new capacity addition, technological advancements, R&D investments, and new market entry, replacement rates, penetration rates, installed base/fleet size, and regional production capacity, among others.
RationalStat offers market analysis and consulting studies on the basis of dedicated and robust desk/secondary research supported by a strong in-house data repository. In addition, the research leverages data based on the real-time insights gathered from primary interviews. Market estimations and insights are based on primary research (covering more than 240 entities) and secondary research by leveraging international benchmarking.
The India mining market report also covers value chain and supply chain analysis that provides in-depth information about the value chain margins and the role of various stakeholders across the value chain. Market dynamics provided in the market study include market drivers, restraints/challenges, trends, and their impact on the market throughout the analysis period.
In the competition analysis section, the India mining market provides a detailed competition benchmarking analysis based on the market share of the leading companies/brands/producers/ suppliers, a market structure overview with detailed company profiles of more than 25 players with their financials, product/service offerings, major developments, business models, etc. This enables, clients and report buyers to make strong, precise, and timely decisions.
Explore more about this report - Request for Sample and Scope of the Study
Macroeconomic Scenario and the Impact of COVID-19 on Regional Economic Sentiment
In the latest RationalStat analysis, geopolitical conflicts and inflation are the cited economic risks, while concerns about the volatility across energy sectors prevail in Europe and other parts of the world. Some of the potential risks to the economic growth in the leading regions, including Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, the Middle East & Africa, and other developing regions, are inflation, volatile energy prices, supply chain disruptions, geopolitical instability, labor shortages, rising interest rates, and COVID-19 pandemic.
The economy experienced heavy headwinds, throughout 2019-2021, as some countries witnessed subdued growth, while other countries continued to grapple with economic slowdowns. The COVID-19 pandemic has levied undue pressure across the majority of industries globally and has caused a major economic crisis in the US, India, Italy, the UK, Germany, India, Japan, South Korea, the UK, and many others. Besides, the exit of the UK from the European Union earlier in 2020 and the Russo-Ukraine war in 2022 exacerbated the ever-heightened global uncertainty.
In addition to this, the economic growth slowed in 2022 to 3.3%, weaker than expected at the end of 2021, mainly weighed down by Russia’s war in Ukraine and the associated cost-of-living crisis in many countries. However, improvement in economic activities during the forecast period is expected. Growth is projected to remain at lower rates in 2023 and 2024, at 2.6% and 2.9% respectively.
Competition Analysis and Market Structure
These players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Mergers & acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations, and product launches are some of the strategies followed by industry players. Some of the key developments in the India mining market include,
- In May 2021, Vedanta Ltd. announced its plan to invest INR 10,000 crores (US$ 1.34 billion) in setting up an aluminum park in Odisha to facilitate companies that use metal to set up their manufacturing units in the facility.
- This acquisition of Aluminum Park’s goal is to make it easier for enterprises that utilize metal to set up production units on the site, thereby promoting the expansion of the state's aluminum sector.
- The projected aluminum park would cover over 2400 acres and would house downstream aluminum units such as extrusion, rolling, and recycling. The park would also include research and development, testing, and certification facilities, as well as a skill development training center.
- In February 2021, ArcelorMittal-Nippon Steel India, in agreement with the Odisha government, planned to set up an integrated steel plant (with 12 MT capacity) in the state’s Kendrapada district for INR 50,000 crores (US$ 6.89 billion).
- This acquisition was expected to generate major job opportunities and strengthen the region's economy. The project was planned to be phased, with the first phase projected to be completed within three years of acquiring all necessary clearances. The factory would use cutting-edge technology and be built to be environmentally friendly, with a focus on reducing its carbon footprint.
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the India mining market growth include Hindalco, Nalco, Tata Steel, Coal India, NMDC Ltd, Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation (GMDC), KIOCL Ltd, and MOIL Ltd, among others.
RationalStat has segmented the India mining market based on mineral type, minerals/ore, imported minerals, mining type, support services, and region
- India Mining Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Mineral Type
- Metallic Minerals
- Non-Metallic Minerals
- India Mining Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Minerals/Ore
- Iron Ore
- Gold Ore
- Others (Mineral Salts, Metal Ore)
- India Mining Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Imported Minerals
- India Mining Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Mining Type
- Underground Mining
- Open Cast Mining
- Green Mining
- India Mining Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Services and Equipment
- Airborne Geophysical Survey
- Resource Modelling
- Mine Planning Software
- Mining Data Analytics
- Fleet Management Systems
- Rapid Mine Survey
- Specialized Mine Infrastructure
- Open Pit Skips
- High Wall Mining
- Mine Control Systems
- Electro Refining
- Cavity Monitoring System
- 3D Laser Scanning And Mapping
- Ground and Aerial Robotic Vehicles
- Geographic Information Systems
- Energy Management and Resource Reconciliation
- Carbon Footprint Management
- India Mining Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Region
- North India
- West & Central India
- South India
- East India
- Leading Companies and Market Players
- Tata Steel
- Coal India
- NMDC Ltd
- Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation (GMDC)
- KIOCL Ltd
- MOIL Ltd
For more information about this report https://store.rationalstat.com/store/India-mining-market/
Key Questions Answered in the India Mining Report
- What will be the market value of the India mining market by 2028?
- What is the market size of the India mining market?
- What are the market drivers of the India mining market?
- What are the key trends in the India mining market?
- Which is the leading region in the India mining market?
- What are the major companies operating in the India mining market?
- What are the market shares by key segments in the India mining market?
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end global market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports, customized strategy, and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the client’s needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, valuations and advisory, financial research, due diligence, procurement and supply chain research, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429