The report titled “Edible Oil Market” assesses India and regional market based on product type, packaging type, packaging material, distribution channel, and region. A comprehensive report provides a detailed historical and future market size with trend analysis. The report underlines the market share analysis, production capacities by leading players, competition overview, strategic imperatives, annual sales figures, growth avenues, production overview, and competition assessment for the target players assessed in the edible oil market study.
Market Overview and Dynamics: Consumption of edible oil to rise constantly during the Forecast Period
The India edible oil market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 2.5% during the forecast period of 2022-2028. The rising health concerns among the consumers about the high prevalence of coronary heart diseases, diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal disorders, etc. coupled with the changing lifestyle and increasing disposable income support the consumption of packed edible oil.
The India edible oil market is expected to grow at a steady growth rate over the forecast period owing to the significant government push to focus on the in-house production of edible oils, increasing demand from the growing population, rising awareness of several health benefits of organic and low cholesterol edible oil, rising urbanization, and increasing disposable income. Moreover, the Indian government is making constant efforts to increase the domestic availability of edible oil and reduce import dependency to fulfil its consumption needs. For instance, the government has proposed the National Mission on Edible Oil (NMEO) for meeting the country’s consumption need for edible oil.
According to the data published by the Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Government of India, in South India, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Kerala are the major Oil palm growing States and account for 98% of the total production. Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Gujarat, and Mizoram also have a sizable area under Oil palm cultivation. Recently Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, and Nagaland have also initiated Oil palm plantation programs. As per the RationalStat Analysis, the West and central India dominate the country’s edible oil market on an account of higher consumption of health-conscious oil.
- In terms of type, palm oil is likely to grow at a significant pace over the forecast period. Additionally, out of all the imported edible oils, the share of palm oil is about 56%, followed by soybean oil at 27%, and sunflower at 16%.
- Based on the region, west and central India are expected to dominate the edible oil market due to the higher focus on healthy and beneficial products.
- On the basis of packaging type, pouches are the most commonly used packaging type owing to their convenience to carry, compatibility, and easy storage.
- In terms of distribution channels, offline retail is dominating the India edible oil market. However, the online distribution channel is growing at a strong growth rate in recent times owing to the soaring e-commerce market in India.
Competition Analysis: India edible oil market is fragmented in nature
The India edible oil market observes intense competition as a result of a presence of a significant number of established players and large number of local and regional players. Prominent players are focusing on acquiring small companies to increase their geographical reach. Product innovations, launches, and partnerships are the identified industry trend in the India edible oil market.
- In January 2022, Adani Wilmar announced to acquire southern players in edible oil with corpus of INR 450 crores. The reason behind this plan is to grow its geographical presence in South India. Adani Wilmar has a market share of 18.3% in the edible oil business while the 60% of the market is still fragmented.
- In December 2021, US food major Cargill has acquired an edible oil refinery located in Andhra Pradesh. The newly acquired refinery gives Cargill the capability to supply refined palm oil, palm olein, vanaspati and sunflower oil.
Some of the leading players involved in the edible oil market include Adani Wilmar Ltd., Mother Dairy Fruits and Vegetables Pvt. Ltd., Cargill India, Patanjali Ayurved Ltd.., Emami Agrotech Ltd., BCL Industries Ltd., Gemini Edibles & Fats India Ltd., Indian Broiler Group Pvt. Ltd., Liberty Oil Mills Ltd., Vijay Solvex Ltd., ADM Agro Industries India Pvt. Ltd., and Gokul Agro Resources Ltd. among others.
RationalStat has segmented the India edible oil market on the basis of type, packaging type, packaging material, distribution channel, and region
- By Type
- Palm Oil
- Soyabean Oil
- Mustard Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Others (Coconut Oil)
- By Packaging Type
- PET Bottles
- HDPE Bottles
- Other Plastic Bottles
- Others (Cans)
- By Packaging Material
- Rigid Plastic
- Flexible Packaging
- Others (Glass)
- By Distribution Channel
- Conventional Retail
- Modern Retail
- Specialty Store
- Online Retail/E-commerce
- Departmental Store
- By Region
- North India
- West and Central India
- South India
- East India
For more information about this report visit: https://store.rationalstat.com/store/india-edible-oil-market-analysis-forecast/
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end US-based market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports along with customized strategy and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the clients’ needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, procurement intelligence, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429