The global paper bags market was US$ 4.8 billion in 2023 and registers a significant CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period till 2028.
The “Global Paper Bags Market Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2028” report by RationalStat assesses the regional market based on product type, material type, thickness, end-user and country/region. A detailed market analysis report provides an overall historical and future market size in terms of market value (US$ Billion) and market volume (‘000 units) with a comprehensive market trend analysis (year-on-year growth).
The report also deals with the market share analysis by key players and segments, sales & revenues of paper bags, competition overview, strategic imperatives, plans, and strategies, key application, potential growth drivers, recent R&D of paper bags across the globe, and competition analysis for the target players evaluated in the global paper bags market study.
Market Overview and Dynamics
The global paper bags market is expected to grow at a robust growth rate of around 4.5% during the forecast period 2019-2028. A paper bag is a bag made of paper, usually kraft paper. To satisfy consumer requests, paper bags can be produced using virgin or recycled fibers. Because they are recyclable, biodegradable, and made from renewable resources, paper bags are seen as a sustainable alternative to plastic bags. Due to legal actions and environmental concerns, there has been an evolution to eliminating plastic bags in many places.
Market Drivers and Trends of the Global Paper Bags Market
Asia-Pacific is the world's largest market for paper bags, due to factors including rising population, urbanization, and shifting consumer preferences towards eco-friendly packaging in nations like China and India.
North America also has the biggest market share for paper bags, particularly in the retail and food service sectors. Paper bags are predicted to become more popular as consumers move away from plastic bags due to legislative changes and environmental concerns.
Segmental Analysis: Global Paper Bags Market
- Based on material type, the brown kraft paper segment shows the largest market share, as it is used for various applications, such as packaging, and shipping which drives the market growth.
- Based on end-use, the food & beverages segment holds the largest market revenue share due to the growing use of paper bags in the food & beverage sector because of the government's strict rules and regulations for eco-friendly packaging solutions.
Competition Analysis and Market Structure
The global paper bags market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players operating in the region. Leading companies operating in the market for paper bags are focusing on the development of eco-friendly and sustainable paper bags which is anticipated to open up growth potential for the industry.
Moreover, these players adopt various strategies to increase their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the paper bags market. Mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations are some of the strategies followed by industry players. Some of the key developments in the global paper bags market include:
- In Dec 2022: A new, US$ 18 million greenfield plant for Mondi plc, a global leader in ecologically friendly paper and packaging, opened in Morocco. About 100 million paper bags can be produced at this facility each year.
- In Nov 2022: Smurfit Kappa plc purchased Pusa Pack S.L., a bag-in-box packaging facility. High-quality, capacious flexible bags are made by Pusa Pack S.L. The corporation wants to improve its standing in the flexible packaging industry with this acquisition.
Some of the key players operating in the global paper bags market include International Paper Company, Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Mondi Group, WestRock Company, Novolex Holdings, LLC, DS Smith Plc, Georgia-Pacific LLC, Amcor plc, Oji Holdings Corporation, UPM-Kymmene Oyj among others.
RationalStat has segmented the global paper bags market on the basis of product type, material type, thickness, end-user and region.
- Global Paper Bags Market Value (US$ Billion), Volume (‘000 units), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Product Type
- Sewn Open Mouth
- Pinched Bottom Open Mouth
- Pasted Valve
- Pasted Open Mouth
- Flat Bottom
- Global Paper Bags Market Value (US$ Billion), Volume (‘000 units) and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Material Type
- Brown Kraft
- White Kraft
- Global Paper Bags Market Value (US$ Billion), Volume (‘000 units) and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Thickness
- 1 ply
- 2 ply
- 3 ply
- > 3 ply
- Global Paper Bags Market Value (US$ Billion), Volume (‘000 units) and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by End-use
- Agriculture & Allied Industries
- Building & Construction
- Food & Beverages
- Global Paper Bags Market Value (US$ Billion), Volume (‘000 units), and Market Share (2019-2028) Analysis by Region
- North America Paper Bags Market
- Latin America Paper Bags Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Paper Bags Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Paper Bags Market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Paper Bags Market
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa Paper Bags Market
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America Paper Bags Market
For more information about this report https://store.rationalstat.com/store/global-paper-bags-market/
Key Questions Answered in the Paper Bags Report
- What will be the market value of the Global Paper Bags Market by 2028?
- What is the market size of the Global Paper Bags Market?
- What are the market drivers of the Global Paper Bags Market?
- How many Paper Bags are sold each year?
- What are the key trends in the Global Paper Bags Market?
- Which is the leading region in the Global Paper Bags Market?
- What are the major companies operating in the Global Paper Bags Market?
- What are the market shares by key segments in the Global Paper Bags Market?
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end global market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports, customized strategy, and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the client’s needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, valuations and advisory, financial research, due diligence, procurement and supply chain research, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429