The Global O-RAN (Open Radio Access Network) Market reached US$ 450 million in 2021 owing to the increasing internet penetration across the globe is expected to fuel the market growth.
The report titled “Global O-RAN Market” assesses the O-RAN market globally based on component, connectivity technology, deployment location, end use, and region. A comprehensive market report provides a detailed historical, current, and future market trend analysis. RationalStat provides market share analysis, market size and CAGR, production capabilities of the top companies, Covid-19 impact analysis, regional & global market strategies, competition overview, and opportunity assessment for the assessed market and industry players evaluated in the global O-RAN market study.
Market Overview and Dynamics: Increased government initiatives for the deployment of 5G infrastructure are expected to fuel the growth of the Global O-RAN Market
The global O-RAN market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 9.3% during the forecast period of 2022-2028. O-RAN technology is driving innovation and commercialization with interoperable products and systems that are easy to integrate into operator’s networks and are tested for multiple deployment scenarios.
Moreover, other factors influencing the growth of the global O-RAN market are increasing consumption of data owing to the growth of internet penetration, integration of cloud computing and AI, deployment of 5G infrastructure, etc. are anticipated to create opportunities for the global O-RAN market in the forthcoming years.
- The improved momentum combined with a positive performance and (TCO) Open RAN developments could foster stronger market adoption than had originally been expected.
- Similarly, government funding focused on improving RU/DU/CU (silicon and software) technologies, accelerating interoperability testing, and incentivizing operators that embrace the Open RAN architecture could result in a more favorable outcome.
- Moreover, the improved momentum, combined with a positive performance and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Open RAN developments, is expected to result in greater adoption by the market.
- In addition, government funding aimed at improving RU/DU/CU (silicon and software) technologies, accelerating interoperability testing, and incentivizing operators who adopt the Open RAN architecture could yield better growth in the forthcoming years.
- Based on the connectivity technology, 5G holds a dominant share as with technology maturity comes rising confidence, the Open RAN market for 5G will see trajectory growth in the upcoming years.
- Based on End-use, the BFSI segment holds a prominent share in the global O-RAN market owing to the increased cases of financial data loss.
- Based on region, Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the global O-RAN market as various economies like Japan, India, and China have witnessed rapid adoption of O-RAN owing to various tax incentives offered by the government is expected to spur the Open RAN adoption.
Competition Analysis: Early adopters and deployment trials to drive the growth of the global O-RAN market in the upcoming years
Due to the presence of many well-established companies in the global O-RAN market, there is intense competition in the global O-RAN market. The global O-RAN market is expected to witness growth in the forthcoming years as innovative features such as the RAN Intelligent controller (“RIC”) gain traction in the global O-RAN market.
Acquisitions, product launches, and business partnerships are the identified industry trend in the global O-RAN market. Key market players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. These players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market.
- In April 2022, Fujitsu Network Communications announced its plan to support the Evenstar Open RAN program, Fujitsu Network Communications. The 5G huge MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) Radio Units will be provided by Fujitsu (RUs) and in order to enable O-RAN standardized interfaces, it will offer 3.5GHz RUs.
- In March 2022, Rakuten Symphony announced its collaboration with Qualcomm Inc. to develop a 5G radio unit with massive MIMO capabilities and distributed units. With high-performance O-RAN-compliant infrastructure items, this will also make it possible for the implementation of 5G networks to proceed more quickly.
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the O-RAN market growth are Nokia Corp., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Qualcomm Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Mavenir Systems Inc., NTT DoCoMo Inc., Sterlite Technologies Limited, Radisys Corp., Parallel Wireless Inc., Casa Systems Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., and NXP Semiconductors among others.
RationalStat has segmented the global O-RAN market on the basis of component, connectivity technology, deployment location, end-use, and region.
- By Component
- Radio Unit
- Base Band Unit
- Others (Small Cells etc.)
- By Connectivity Technology
- 4G LTE
- By Deployment Location
- By End Use
- Public Infrastructure
- Aerospace & Defense
- Media & Entertainment
- Others (BFSI etc.)
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
For more information about this report: https://store.rationalstat.com/store/o-ran-potential-market-size-global-outlook/
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end US-based market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports along with customized strategy and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the client’s needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, valuations and advisory, financial research, due diligence, procurement and supply chain research, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429