The report titled “Global Litigation Funding Investment Market Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2028” assesses the global market based on type, enterprise size, end user, and region. A comprehensive report provides a detailed historical and future market size with a comprehensive market trend analysis. The market share analysis, service provided by top companies, an overview of the competition, strategic imperatives, key end users, potential growth areas, and competition analysis for the target players evaluated in the global litigation funding investment market study.
Market Overview and Dynamics: Expansion of the legal service sector coupled with the increasing need for cost-effective litigation financing
The expansion of the legal services sector globally is positively influencing the litigation funding investment market growth. The growth of the legal services sector and the increasing number of complex legal cases being filed are driving the demand for litigation funding. Moreover, with the cost of litigating a case continuing to rise, many parties are looking for cost-effective financing options to support their legal endeavors, thus providing necessary thrust to market growth.
Additionally, the growing demand for alternative funding options available is also acting as a major factor for the litigation funding investment market growth in recent years. As traditional funding sources, such as banks and venture capital firms, become increasingly difficult to secure, many businesses and individuals are turning to litigation funding as a means of financing their lawsuits.
Further, the market is growing as a result of the claimants’ increasing demand for litigation finance, which is driven by both people’s and organizations’ surge in legal fees, as well as the desire to use litigation investment as a means of generating money. Investors and companies alike are becoming more and more interested in litigation financing, which is also creating new investment opportunities, thus helping the market to grow significantly.
- Based on enterprise size, the large enterprise segment accounted for holding a significant share of the global litigation funding investment market on the back of the rising number of litigation cases they have to fight owing to a huge service or product portfolio along with their global presence.
- On the basis of end user, the media & entertainment segment is estimated to grow at a considerable rate during the forecast period owing to rising cases of trademark and copyright infringements across the industry.
- Based on the region, North America is expected to hold a significant share of the global litigation investment market over the forecast period. The market is expected to grow in the region over the next few years as a result of a growing portfolio of litigation funding or portfolio finance trends among investors and rising end-user demand for litigation funding investments, including those in the BFSI, media & entertainment, IT & telecommunication, and other sectors.
The global litigation funding investment market is characterized by the presence of various players operating in the market. These players adopt various strategies to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Mergers and acquisitions, product launches, partnerships, and collaborations are some of the strategies followed by industry players. Some of the key developments in the global litigation funding investment market include,
- In Jan 2022, Fintech start-up LegalPay launched an interim finance healthcare-focused fund for retail investors where they can participate by investing a minimum of INR 10,000 per opportunity in asset-backed legal and debt financing asset classes through fractional ownership. LegalPay targets mid-market companies, including MSMEs, undergoing insolvencies, requiring INR 1 Mn – INR 50 Mn.
- In July 2022, The London-based claimant law firm taking on mining giant BHP in a £5 Bn suit is set to receive an extra £100 Mn in funding from investment firm North Wall Capital. The move marks a significant expansion in the funding relationship between North Wall, a self-described ‘special situations’ investor, and PGMBM, which has brought group cases against a number of major corporations including Volkswagen, British Airways, and Bayer court.
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the global litigation funding investment market include Parabellum Capital, Bentham Capital, Juridica Brickell Key, Burford Capital LLC, Woodford Litigation Funding Ltd, Apex Litigation Finance, Omni Bridgeway, Vannin, Augusta Ventures, Longford Capital Management LP, Calunius Capital, Harbour Litigation Funding Ltd, and Others.
RationalStat has segmented the global litigation funding investment market based on type, enterprise size, end user, and region.
- By Type
- Commercial Litigation
- International Arbitration
- Bankruptcy Claim
- Personal Injury
- By Enterprise Size
- Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- Large enterprises
- By End User
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance Sector (BFSI)
- IT & Telecommunication
- Media & Entertainment
- Others (Travel & Hospitality)
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
For more information about this report: https://store.rationalstat.com/store/global-litigation-funding-investment-market/
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end US-based market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports along with customized strategy and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the client’s needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, valuations and advisory, financial research, due diligence, procurement and supply chain research, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429