The growing cases of diabetic foot ulcers, burns, and wounds among the global population are anticipated to help the global hydrogel dressing market to grow significantly the in the forthcoming years owing to the fast-healing benefits of hydrogel dressing says a report by RationalStat
The report titled “Global Hydrogel Dressing Market” assesses the hydrogel dressing market globally based on the basis of product type, application, raw material, end-user, and region. A comprehensive report provides a detailed historical and future market size with trend analysis. RationalStat provides market share analysis, production capabilities of the top companies, Covid-19 impact analysis, an overview of the competition, segment analysis, market strategies, and potential growth areas for the target players in the global hydrogel dressing market.
Market Overview and Dynamics: The rise in the diabetic population coupled with technological advancements is expected to fuel the expansion of the global hydrogel dressing market in the upcoming years
The growing prevalence of chronic wounds coupled with the rise in the adoption of evidence-based treatments for chronic wounds and a substantial rise in the diabetic population are the primary factors driving the growth of the global hydrogel dressing market.
As hydrogel dressing products support faster healing, it becomes a go-to product for consumers. Furthermore, technological advances in wound closure techniques, such as injectable stimuli-responsive amorphous hydrogels for halting bleeding in trauma patients and military personnel, contribute to the market’s growth.
Furthermore, the growing prevalence of diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds, and burns is expected to drive market growth. Also, because hydrogel dressings partially mimic skin structure and promote the growth of skin components, they promote wound re-epithelialization. As a result, they are widely used in hospitals, specialty clinics, and home healthcare centers.
However, there are some factors impeding the market growth. For example, hydrogels cannot absorb large amounts of liquid and are thus unsuitable for moist wounds that could become infected. Furthermore, because of their low mechanical strength, they are prone to tearing, making it difficult for patients to change their own dressings.
- Based on product type, the amorphous hydrogel dressing segment is anticipated to dominate the market owing to the increasing ulcer prevalence and military accidents.
- Based on application, diabetic foot ulcers accounts for a dominant share of the global hydrogel dressing market, however, other segments constitute for a significant share of the market.
- Based on region, Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the global hydrogel dressing market due to increased awareness among consumers coupled with the prevalence of chronic diseases in the region.
Competition Analysis: Growing healthcare expenditure coupled with constant government support is anticipated to propel market growth in the impending years
Due to the presence of many well-established companies in the global hydrogel dressing market, there is intense competition in the global hydrogel dressing market. The emergence of technological advancements in wound closure techniques is expected to boost the demand for hydrogel dressing in the forthcoming years owing to enhanced wound recovery.
Acquisitions, product launches, and partnerships are the identified industry trend in the global hydrogel dressing market. Key market players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market.
- In August 2020, One Equity Partners and The Silverfern Group announced that they had acquired American Medical Technologies, a wound-care company – American Medical Technologies (AMT). AMT offers advanced bandages, clinical education at the bedside, and other technologies for clinical and risk management.
- In May 2019, the Wound and Skin Care Division of Coloplast U.S. introduced Biatain Silicone with 3DFit Technology. Biatain Silicone has a comprehensive portfolio of foam dressings designed to provide flexibility to healthcare professionals in the management of exuding wounds and the prevention of pressure injuries.
Some of the leading players operating in the global hydrogel dressing market are 3M Co., Cardinal Health Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Coloplast A/S, Integra LifeSciences, Smith & Nephew plc, Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Lohmann & Rauscher GmbH & Co. AG, McKesson Corp., Medline Industries LP, Convatec Inc., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, and EBOS Healthcare among others.
RationalStat has segmented the global hydrogel dressing market on the basis of product type, application, raw material, end-user, and region.
- By Product Type
- Amorphous Hydrogel Dressings
- Impregnated Hydrogel Dressings
- Sheet Hydrogel Dressings
- By Application
- Acute Wounds
- Traumatic and Surgical Wounds
- Chronic Wounds
- Infectious Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Arterial and Venous Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- By Raw Material
- By End User
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs)
- Nursing Facilities
- Burn Care Centers
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
For more information about this report: https://store.rationalstat.com/store/global-hydrogel-dressing-market-analysis-forecast/
About RationalStat LLC
RationalStat is an end-to-end US-based market intelligence and consulting company that provides comprehensive market research reports along with customized strategy and consulting studies. The company has sales offices in India, Mexico, and the US to support global and diversified businesses. The company has over 80 consultants and industry experts, developing more than 850 market research and industry reports for its report store annually.
RationalStat has strategic partnerships with leading data analytics and consumer research companies to cater to the client’s needs. Additional services offered by the company include consumer research, country reports, risk reports, valuations and advisory, financial research, due diligence, procurement and supply chain research, data analytics, and analytical dashboards.
Content and Press Manager
Phone: +1 302 803 5429